Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Loving the Shoes!!

Adoring Husband had two call outs today, with the SES. One in town and the other in The Bay, so he was gone for most of the day.

I spent part of the day cooking a roast lamb and veg meal, which was originally for lunch, but ended up being for dinner.

I spent part of the day watching a movie.

I spent part of the day trying to think of an interesting 'water' photo to take. This month's flickr challenge is themed 'water'. I couldn't think of anything, so I went outside after the rain and tried for some droplets shining in the trees, but unfortunately, my camera seems to have lost it's ability to focus properly, so I will need to get it serviced and/or repaired.

I spent part of the day looking through all of the photos that I've taken in January, with the hope of finding one with water in it, that I could work on, and submit for the challenge.


I spent part of the day watching a storm on the BOM that firstly hit Emerald and brought with it two quick inches of rain and 85kph winds and which I then warned my sister about. It seems that the storm, once again fizzled before it got to Blackwater.

I spent part of the day watching the tennis final between Djokovic and Murray. I'm glad that Djokovic won!

I spent part of the day browsing shoes ...






Gorgeous aren't they!?

I spent part of the day wishing that I could sit on my couch eating junk food, like chips and chocolate and ice cream and lollies. That doesn't happen very often! I didn't eat any of those things and I know that I'm feeling better for it tonight! Mentally AND physically!

So you see that my day was again, not very productive. It's too hot, humid, wet and/or stormy to get productive.

I can't believe that it's now after 11pm! I thought it was much earlier than that!

Nite all.




No comments: