Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Again?

Another day of storms .. but not here.

Bubbles has been without power for a few hours after three severe storms in less than 24 hours down in Sydney.

Vegan Chickie had to have sandbags delivered by the SES when the first severe storm brought so much heavy rain in such a short time, that her back yard flooded and the water was lapping at her back door. Her house was struck by lightning, a light globe exploded and her new modem was fried in the incident.

My sister, in Blackwater, had a massive storm approach from the west, which then split in two and skirted the town. This has happened two afternoons in a row now. The first afternoon, the storm split in two, skirted the town and then rejoined after it passed!

There is a storm passing over us as I type this, but it is not bad one. There is some severe looking weather moving towards us from the north at the moment, and it looks like Gladstone is getting hit.

With all the storms about, the weather is not cooling down at all. The rain just makes it steamier and more humid than ever. There are mushrooms growing in our back yard.

Adoring Husband has been on standby all day and was expecting to be called into The Bay to help with the clean up after the damaging storm there.

One man died and two people were struck by lightning in The Bay last night.

I triked down to the river late this morning. I didn't plan on going there, but as I got closer to the turn for the shops, I noticed something in the sky. It was a beautiful BIG white bellied sea eagle soaring low on the strong winds barely at tree height and right on the river bank.

Unfortunately, I have not been carrying my camera with me every day, as I once did, so I couldn't capture it's beauty. Instead I rode to the river path to sit and watch it in all it's glory. Sometimes, I would follow it along the river until it stopped to float in the sky again, when I would stop to observe for a while.

It was amazing and beautiful and perfect and I'm kind of happy that I didn't have my camera because it meant that I could really be in the moment.

After a visit to the butcher and supermarket, I came home to do very little. I cooked lunch and dinner, but otherwise a lazy day, which I enjoyed very much.

I'm watching the women's Australian Open tennis final right now and the German girl Kerber is currently beating Serena Williams, which is a big surprise .. however the game isn't over yet and Williams has a habit of coming back from behind!

It may be an early night for me tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: