Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Tis the Season

We are less than two weeks away from Christmas, so I thought I would post something 'Christmassy' every day until Christmas day.

I love this family. They look like they are having such a great time and getting right into the Christmas spirit!



I also was interested in this list of inspirational movies about extraordinary women.  You've probably seen a few of them, but maybe you'd be interested in the others.

I decorated our tree today (finally) and will take a photo tomorrow (because I'm too lazy to do it right now).

This morning, our local markets were held for the final time this year, and I picked up some nice gifts for Christmas. One of the stall owners was very excited when she noticed my new teeth and rushed to my side of her stall to hug me and congratulate me!

The Motivator arrived home from Sydney yesterday and I stopped briefly at her place to say hello. She has been gone for almost a month, so we've got some catching up to do.

We've had some fabulous rain today. Nice heavy, steady rain for about three hours.

The rain made a good excuse for Adoring Husband and I to plant ourselves on the couch and watch movies all afternoon. We watched 'Definitely Maybe' (Ryan Reynolds and Abigail Bresolin), 'Ant-Man' (Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas) and 'Boyhood' (Patricia Arquette and Ethan Hawke).

Now, I'm watching, for about the 50th time (and that is no exaggeration), 'Crazy Stupid Love' (Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore and Emma Stone). I'm only waiting for my favourite Ryan Gosling scene before I head off to bed.

I might do some housework tomorrow .. if only I could wake up with the right level of motivation!

Nite all.


No comments: