Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Going Solo

I had a great day on my own in The Bay, despite only having four hours of sleep last night!

It seems that raw cacao powder is something that I should avoid in the evenings. It is a natural stimulant and we had a nice dose of it in the chocolate brownies that I made yesterday and which we ate with dessert.

I went to bed at midnight, but was still wide awake at 1am, so I got out of bed and sat in the lounge room. I heard a knocking coming from the hallway and when I looked up, I saw a dirty stinking toad trying to jump up the wall!!! Ergh!!!!

So I threw a towel over him, picked him up and was intending on tossing him out the laundry door, but when I opened the door into the laundry, THERE WAS ANOTHER TOAD!!!!! ERGHHHH!!!

I had to go searching through the entire house then .. luckily, no more toads to be found .. whew!

Under normal circumstances I would have woken Adoring Husband and made him get out of bed to remove the disgusting creatures, but that raw cacao powder must have had a weird affect on me!

I finally climbed back into bed some time after 2.30am and still I lay there for about twenty minutes before drifting off to sleep. I woke just before 7am and knowing that they both had to work today, I sent texts to Woman of Many Talents and to Mardi asking them what time they were leaving.

I got my first response from Woman of Many Talents and she picked me up at 8.10am. We drove into The Bay and she dropped me at the ABC shop where I bought a 'make your own Christmas bauble' pack and a take away coffee.

Eventually, I found my way to the cinema and I bought a ticket to see The Dressmaker. Surprisingly, and considering that this is it's second last week of viewing, there were twenty other people seated in cinema 3 with me!

I enjoyed the movie very much.

Liam Hemsworth was oh so deliciously gentle and dreamy. Judy Davis was beyond superb (I adore her). Hugo Weaving was amazingly flamboyant. Kate Winslet was wonderfully strong and brave. Sarah Snook was delightfully plain AND splendidly glamorous. Shane Bourne was brilliantly evil. Rebecca Gibney was marvellously flaky. I was surprised by the number of well known Australian actors that filled all of the other roles perfectly.

I think I need to buy it on dvd when it's released.

Afterwards I did some more Christmas shopping and got myself another top (because I so desperately need more clothes!).

When I got to the bus stop to catch the bus home, I was lucky enough to run into Mum H. I say 'lucky enough' because the bus now stops at a completely different place than when I last caught it (which admittedly is about a year ago). Otherwise it may have driven off without me and I wouldn't have even known!

That was my day and now I'm feeling extremely tired .. my four hours of sleep has caught up with me and I'm ready to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Nite all.  

No comments: