Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Disturbing

Looking at this man makes me feel disturbed!! Therefore the band is appropriately named lol, but I do like this version of 'The Sound of Silence'. I'm also sure that some of you won't :)



It's been a big day.

We started with brunch at Noosa, then for Chicklet's pleasure, a short play on the beach. I had to go buy a hat before we traipsed across the sand because it was a very bright and warm sunshiny morning and even the sand was incredibly hot to walk on.



At 1pm, we (Chicklet, Vegan Chickie and I) climbed on board the tilt train at Cooroy Station for the 2 hour ride home. I've never seen carriage E so full!! I'm usually one of eight people on the carriage with two seats to myself, but the carriage was full and I had to sit beside someone! I believe that is only the second time in about 40 trips that I've been seated beside someone.

Adoring Husband was at Howard Station to pick us up and take us home.

Chicklet spent the afternoon removing all of the knick knacks from the middle two shelves of my cabinet .. mostly dragon ornaments and lizards .. and lining them up on the lounge room floor. Then she requested all of my stuffed toys, so I went on the search to drag them out of the bedrooms. The back yard was next in line so that we could remove all of the frog garden ornaments from their homes and have them congregate in the middle of the back yard.

I cooked dinner before we all climbed in the car to go in search of Christmas lights. I was pleasantly surprised to find so many people getting into the Christmas spirit this year. We spent about 30 minutes driving around town looking at the lights and even got out of the car to walk along the waterfront where there were quite a few houses lit up.

Dessert and a quick bath for Chicklet before bed time tonight. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep. I think exhaustion had set in!

It will be an early start for Adoring Husband and I tomorrow. We have some last minute food shopping to do in The Bay and we don't want to get caught in the Christmas Eve crowds, so we'll be in and out as quickly as is humanly possible!

Best get to bed then!

Nite all.



No comments: