Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Christmas on our Lawn

I think my taste buds have changed since I had my teeth fixed, because I haven't enjoyed a coffee since I returned home. I even asked if they had changed their brand because it tastes so different, but apparently not.

I may just have to quit my caffeine addiction .. it's no good if I can't enjoy it!

Adoring Husband began to set up our outdoor Christmas lights this morning, but discovered that the plastic clips that hold the light strands to our guttering had become brittle, so we headed into The Bay to buy some replacements.

While we were there, we purchased a couple of new items for the Christmas display. We like to make one new addition every year, but this year we got two.

We also found some gifts for Chicklet. I'm permitted to buy two Christmas gifts for Chicklet this year, so I've created a craft box full of fun crafty stuff as one gift .. she loves craft and activities!

We haven't figured out what the second gift will be yet .. as much as I wanted to buy the giant inflatable jumping platform with an inflatable slide into an inflatable pool! I have some ideas that I'm working on.

I got a cover for my new phone, which I'm very happy with.

We returned home and AH spent about 5 hours in the front garden putting up all the decorations and lights, setting the timer to turn on the lights at 6pm and turn them off at 10pm. It is now 10.31pm and the lights are still flashing!! I guess I'll be flipping the switch off before I jump into bed.

Tomorrow night I'll take a photo of the display. The new decorations are solar powered and they didn't quite have enough time in the sun to generate the power to shine brightly tonight.

I watched this short TED talk today and thought you might find it interesting too.




Oh! The lights just turned off - 10.45pm!

That's my sign to head to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: