Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A New Light

An interesting article about dentistry ... No Drill Dentistry

Check out these amazing photos ... Stunning Photographs

Today, I decided to take my first official 'smiling' photo to share publicly .. including on facebook. I set up the tripod and camera in my study and used my remote shutter to take photos of myself sitting in my pod chair, using the natural light from the window.


I know that Vegan Chickie will be disappointed that I photoshopped my moles out of the pic, but the rest is all me, wrinkles and all! I then changed it to black and white, and I softened the background because the three different patterns and textures behind me, were very distracting, and added some grain.

I'm pretty happy with it.

Now I need to sign off and spend some time in the kitchen .. Adoring Husband has been sleeping soundly in his recliner chair for the last two hours, after a long day of training and assessing with the SES. He usually stacks the dishwasher in the evening, but I think he may be 'done in' for the day, so I'll let him off tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: