Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 6, 2015

Day Two of Fifteen

Another successful day .. just!

My 7.30am smiley face Chicklet alarm was good again this morning.

First request was to watch me play the Minion game on the Ipad, which lasted about 20 minutes and it was around then that Mama phoned us from New York!


Chicken Little was next, but it only lasted about ten minutes before she wanted to go outside and I was definitely NOT allowed to have a shower beforehand, so I made a deal .. 15 minutes outside and then I could have a shower.

After my shower, and after some 'on a knife edge' behaviour, we all bundled into the car for an adventure to Civic.

The Bare-chested Chef and I both agreed that Chicklet was a little manic and that today was going to be testing.

So the first stop was for me to get an 'extra large' coffee while Dadu and Chicklet went to the kids play area. By the time I arrived, Chicklet was complaining loudly that there were too many BABIES there and she HATES babies!!

Luckily, fortune smiled upon us and a little girl about her age turned up and wanted to play, which completely turned Chicklet's mood around.

After about an hour, while Dadu got some groceries, Chicklet and I bought some new stickers for the 'safe space' then stopped at the coffee shop for a couple of little GF treats before finding our way back to the car.

Woops! I left Chicklet's shoes behind under the seat near the play area .. luckily Dadu was prepared to run back and find them!

The plan was to sit on my bed watching 'Chicken Little' while eating the treats.. which we did.

Next up was 'activities'!

We drew a shaggy dog with a cut out red paper bow and then Chicklet added 8 puppies.

We made a big black spider out of black wool, with big googly eyes and eight hairy legs, then drew a giant spider web for him to sit on. Of course he needed about 10 flies to be stuck to his web for dinner.


We made a big red, green and black snake with a red forked tongue.

By now, it was lunch time, so while Chicklet and Dadu ate bananas with sprinkles, I hibernated in the bedroom, where I surprisingly fell asleep for half an hour! Next thing I heard Dadu yell out "Bozzy Wozzy, we are going for a walk!"

I took the opportunity to hang out some washing, sweep the floors, put away the dishes and tidy up a little.

Dadu and Chicklet arrived home about an hour later looking very hot and bothered - Dadu forgot Chicklet's hat so I gave him a gentle reminder. Today was very hot outside and they walked in probably the hottest part of the day.

The only remedy for this was to go to the 'activity drawer' and remove the giant sprinkler snake out of the box, connect it to the hose in the shaded area of the back yard and have some cooling down fun in the water!


This turned out to be a perfect opportunity for Chicklet to release some pent up energy. Lots of squealing and running and jumping and laughing and yelling until, after about 40 minutes, she was exhausted!

More water to soothe the savage beast, by having an early bath to wash the grass and mud off.

Apple dipped in peanut butter for afternoon snacks and some more Ipad Minion games!

Dadu headed off to work a bit after 4pm and we watched the rest of the movie.

Boiled eggs for dinner - nice and easy.

We watched half of Chicken Little (we almost know the script by heart!), removed butterfly number 14 from Mama's time line, ticked off Mama's 'to do' list (so far she has flown in a plane, arrived in the USA and visited the Empire State Building), added another heart to the cuddle heart, had story time and then chatted about our favourite and least favourite parts of the day. The snake sprinkler was the clear winner for both of us as our favourite.

She finally fell asleep around 7.30pm .. she certainly fought it for a while.

My 30 minute nap today must have rejuvenated me because I'm not feeling tired at all tonight.

Tonight I'm sending lots of love to my BFF, BGWLBH. Biggest warmest hugs from afar.


Wishing we could.

Nite all.

No comments: