Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day Six of Fifteen

I can't believe it's 10.30pm already!

Another successful day for Chicklet and I.

When she came into my room at 7.30 this morning, she seemed a bit manic and verging on losing control, so while she was in my room and before I jumped in the shower I put a drop of Intune on the back and front of her neck.

It took about twenty minutes before she seemed completely settled again .. I love this stuff!!

On his way to work this morning, the Bare-chested Chef dropped Chicklet and I off at the local bakery where I bought my coffee and then we walked down to the new kid's playground in the estate. We had it all to ourselves so we played there for almost 90 minutes.

It's not a well planned playground. A large circle of sand framed with a concrete strip and covered with a large shade cloth sail. There's a climbing frame with a slide at one end, a couple of strange swing seats that are about 3 inches from the ground, another plastic warped table-like contraption that can be climbed on, three strange mushroom looking things that are not even angled well enough to sit upon and I think that's it.

There is an electric barbecue and a picnic table nearby, but no shade or cover for either of them and then over to the side there is a bench seat, also out in the open with no shade. The park is also right beside bushland which is on the edge of a swamp - which I consider could be quite dangerous with young children. Parents will need to be very diligent.

On saying that Chicklet kept herself occupied for almost 90 minutes by herself, so I guess it can't be all bad!

We walked a different way home from the park and it was an easy walk.

First on the agenda when we arrived home was to sit down and play the Minion game on the Ipad until we were rested enough to get into some 'activities'.

I drew a farm and used the farm animal stickers to create a farm ...


... then Chicklet copied me ...


... this is her farm ute with the dogs inside ...


... and finally, one of her dinosaur worlds with mountains and caves (notice a lot of her dinosaurs are wearing necklaces?) ...


Today, we also drew a garden and filled it with stickers of bugs, grasshoppers, bees, wasps, dragonflies, ladybugs, caterpillars, butterflies and other creepy crawlies.  This photo is of Poppy Barry being chased up the tree by spiders and bugs (you can only see his skinny legs and feet) ...


Lunch was followed by almost an hour of quiet time while Chicklet watched some Wile E Coyote in her play room and I lay on my bed listening to the quiet .. a rare thing when little miss chatterbox is around!

The snake sprinkler was now in the shade, as the sun passed over the roof, so we went outside to chase each other with the watering can which we filled up with the water coming from the snake's mouth.

This time I joined in and Chicklet was crazy with happiness as we took turns drenching each other. Sometimes she was laughing so hard that she couldn't stand up and barely had the strength to hold the full watering can! Such fun!

Bath time followed, to wash all the grass and mud off .. I cleaned the bathroom and her play room while Chicklet bathed and Dadu came home for his work break around that time, so he dressed her before he returned to work.

More time on the Minion game, then dinner of boiled egg, capsicum, cucumber and carrot.

Two books for bedtime and discussions about the day. Thank goodness, I wasn't the cause of her 'worst' part of the day today! The worst part for today was walking home from the park, which she claims was 'too far!'

Today was a perfect Spring day, not too hot and with a nice breeze blowing for most of the day.

Tomorrow we are aiming for Underwater World, which should be fun. The Bare-chested Chef has two days off work .. his weekend is mid-week.

I've located a Holistic Dentist in Maroochydore and I missed a call from them this afternoon, so I'm hoping to go visit them before I head home next week. This is a female dentist with 20 years experience and her website talks about 'oil pulling' with coconut oil, colloidal silver for keeping gums clean and healthy and safe removal of amalgam filling with the support of vitamin C and a high protein diet during the process to help the body rid itself of the toxins without compromising the immune system. She has already won me over.

It's almost midnight, so I'd best get some sleep with another big day planned for tomorrow!

Nite all.   



No comments: