Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 9, 2015

Day Five of Fifteen

Really? Day five already?! How time flies!

I'm feeling a little brain dead tonight.

With the storms and heavy rain last night, I welcomed an addition to my bed at 1.30am when Chicklet came into my room complaining about how loud the rain was and that she was scared. She climbed under the blankets and I told her that as soon as the rain stopped, she could go back to her own bed.

Well, we both fell asleep and I was woken at 4.30am by a little voice saying "Bozzy Wozzy, I fell out of the bed!"

Without even looking, because she sounded fine, I said "Well, hop up and go climb into your own bed. The storm has gone now."

She replied with "Bozzy Wozzy, I need your help!"

I rolled over and looked to see her little head, shoulders and arms were on the ground and she had the palms of her hands on the ground, holding her head and shoulders up, while her legs and feet were entwined in the sheet on the bed and she couldn't move at all!!

It was hilarious! Even more hilarious, was me attempting to untangle her while preventing her from landing hard on her head or face!

I finally managed to unravel her and had her standing upright when I suggested that she now climb into her own bed, so she left my room.

Apparently, she went to Dadu's room and woke him up instead.

He was looking very much the worse for wear this morning because he struggled to fall asleep anyway, and then had his sleep broken by Chicklet.

Anyway, we were still able to get to swimming lessons on time this morning (in the pouring rain) and I watched Chicklet start the lesson very focussed and bubbly and happy and positive, being cheeky with the teacher and doing everything as instructed.

On our way to swimming lessons and talking to Mama on the phone...


By the end of the 30 minute lesson, she was totally unfocussed, not hearing anything that the teacher said and completely scatter brained! Luckily the lesson only went for 30 minutes. She was good for about 23.5 of them.

She really loved it in the water and was reluctant to climb out of the pool at the end of the lesson. She was diving under the water and dog paddling across the pool, kicking with a paddle board both on her belly and on her back and she dived down to the bottom to pick up the pink fish from the floor of the pool. All very impressive.

The teacher did so well with the four young kids in the class. There was Chicklet and another little girl around the same age, who was sobbing before she even got in the water. She hated every second of the lesson and didn't want to attempt any of the instructions that she was given but was making a half hearted effort through her never ending tears. I felt sorry for her. The instructor was firm but kind, so hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

There were two other children, who were probably between three and four years of age. A boy and a girl, both of whom were very confident in the water and the teacher struggled to hold them back because they wanted to do 'everything' five minutes ago!

After the lesson, we sloshed our way through the heavy rain to the car and I was dropped off at Civic for the morning. I had a leisurely breakfast of bacon and egg and avocado and spinach at the cafe and an extra large latte then strolled through the shopping centre browsing in all of the stores.

I bought clothes and jewellery, stickers and textas for Chicklet, some coconut flour and almond meal from the health shop, got a couple of Christmas gifts to put away and then did some grocery shopping .. which was a stupid move because I wanted to have a pedicure, but by the time I finished, I had too many bags to take into the salon *forehead slap*.

Never mind, I can do that on Wednesday or Thursday when the Bare-chested Chef has his next days off.

He came to pick me and my load of shopping bags up at around 1.30pm and I got to spend the afternoon doing activities with my little Chicklet.

We created a farm with some farm animal stickers, including a barn with chickens looking out of the top windows and a farm ute with dogs.

We used some dinosaur ink stamps on paper and then drew mountains and caves and trees to create a dinosaur world.

We traced around the cardboard dinosaurs that we made a couple of days ago, coloured them in and drew jewellery on them, a shiny red bow tie AND a golden crown on their heads.

We also made some pteranodons and coloured them in too.

We played the Minion game on the Ipad again, had rice and papadums for dinner, a bubble bath and then Dadu read a LOT of bedtime books before Chicklet succumbed to the sandman.

No dinner for me tonight - just a bunch of grapes and a big bottle of water. My hearty breakfast kept me satisfied all day long!

Vegan Chickie has checked a few more items from her OS bucket list today. She visited Central Park, walked the High Line, ate at Chinatown and crossed the Brooklyn Bridge.

Central Park ...


It's almost 9.30pm and I think I might turn off the light and attempt a solid night's sleep.

Nite all.



No comments: