Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Day Eight of Fifteen

A deliberately quiet day today.

Still suffering the after affects of the gluten yesterday, and although there were no meltdowns, she was obviously struggling.

She see-sawed between her Dadu and I all day.

She would watch part of a movie with me in my bedroom, pause it and disappear into the other part of the house with Dadu for an hour or two, then come bursting back into my room wanting to play the Minion game, then she'd run out and ask Dadu to watch the Minion movie with her, then back with me to put stickers under my bed or play the doggy game with all her dog animals, then back out to make another finger puppet with Dadu.

The only time she almost lost it was when she ran into the corner of my wardrobe and smacked her forehead. She really yelled long and hard and demanded that Dadu put a cuddle heart on the wall so that Mama could cuddle her when she got home. She absolutely refused to be cuddled by either of us because she only wanted a Mama cuddle!!

Ten minutes later, she was snuggled under my arm on the bed watching the Ribbit dvd and munching on a punnet of blueberries.

So our quiet day at home had the desired affect - less stress on her (and us for that matter!) and a smooth transition into day three - Vegan Chickie advised me this morning that a glutenous error takes three days from which to recover.

I am going to push my luck slightly tomorrow and take her to Civic and the kids play area in the morning and then catch the bus home. Of course, this depends on how she wakes up in the morning .. I'll make a judgement call then.

The Bare-chested Chef really put in a big effort and served me a restaurant style dinner tonight, which he'd worked on all day. Slow braised beef cheeks done in a red wine sauce with zucchini, onion, purple and yellow baby carrots, fresh beetroot and spinach.

It was 'to die for' and was exactly the type of meal that I would return to a restaurant to order on a regular basis. Absolutely melt in your mouth and so full of flavour, I'm drooling just writing about it!!

That's my day in a nutshell!

For having done not very much at all (should I say, having spent almost the entire day sitting or lying on my bed), I'm feeling decidedly tired this evening, so I think an early night is on the cards.

Think of me Friday night at the club, girls :)

Nite all.

No comments: