Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Housework & Music

Today, I finally found some motivation and spent 3 hours on a housework kick.

I started vacuuming to loud Creedence Clearwater Revival and moved on to mopping with Housework Songs III.

I cleaned the outside of the kitchen cupboards, tidied up some accumulated crap from the kitchen bench, found a home for nine pairs of shoes, three handbags and assorted jewellery, did three loads of washing, sorted through and thinned out my underwear drawer, watered my few remaining living indoor plants, and rearranged one kitchen cupboard to accommodate my new bright yellow dinner setting.

That pantry of mine is still waiting for the spring clean!

A new series of 'The Truth About Cancer' has begun. This is episode two and has lots of relevant information about breast cancer preventions and cures, so I really wanted to share it with you. It goes for about 90 minutes and I don't know how long it will be available for free (by the time you try to watch it, it may already have expired), so try to watch it as soon as possible.



I watched this one and episode 5 (episodes 3 & 4 have sadly already expired for the free watch, but they will air it for free again in a few weeks).

Adoring Husband arrived home from his SES 'Get Ready' display in Maroom at around 4pm and he came bearing gifts .. well one gift .. a large cup of coffee from Sexie Coffee. What a treasure.

For dinner, we had crispy skinned chicken with zucchini, asparagus, snow peas, mushrooms and onion steamed and then quickly stir fried in the rich and tasty chicken juices and fat from yesterday's lunch and a side of sweet potato chips.

I am now watching reruns of Series 3 of Sex and the City on the BoxSetsHD channel on Foxtel.

Another good day for me. I hope it was the same for you!

Nite all.

No comments: