Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Little Surprises.

"It is easier to fool people, than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

It may appear that I am a little obsessed with cancer and cancer treatments. We've all lost people to this disease and if we're lucky, we've had people win their fight against it. Personally, and it will come as no surprise to those who know me, I believe the treatment is more dangerous than the disease.

People die from the treatments long before the cancer kills them.

I found this interesting chart today on the Cancer Australia site ...


All cancers - incidence v mortality

You can see more information here.

You would think that for the billions of dollars raised around the world for cancer research, that a much bigger gain would have been made in saving lives.

We're told that early detection is the key, but early detection for most, just means earlier death.

Considering that the statistics show one in two men and one in three women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime, I believe it's important to educate yourself, while you're healthy, and know what steps you will take if it happens to you.

Don't wait until you're sitting in the doctor's surgery office panicking with an unexpected diagnosis and then blindly following the path that doctors have been trained to put you on.

Even if you do choose to go down that path, you need to know how to strengthen your immune system during treatment to help your body fight the disease and fight the ravages of the poisons that will be overwhelming your body.

The failure of the medical/cancer industry, is in not educating you about how to build your health during and after treatment. The failure is in not educating you about how the cancer developed inside you. The failure is in sending you home to continue doing everything that you were doing that contributed to your diagnosis.

Don't be a failure to yourself. Be educated. Do your research. Know what other treatments are available to either replace conventional treatment or to support conventional treatment. Conventional treatment on it's own has a very poor long term success rate, so don't rely solely upon it.

That's my medical opinion for today.

This morning, I visited my little tawny chick and got this ...


She is growing very quickly and I suspect that there is a second chick hiding in there too. Hopefully, I will see two curious faces in the coming days, so watch this space!

I also discovered one of my favourite flowers growing in somebody's front garden.


This afternoon, I got some special surprise visitors!

Lady Lynn popped by with her grandchildren, who's school, I assume, was on a pupil free day. I want to provide special names for these gorgeous kids, but they have to be perfect, so until I can think of the perfect names, I will call them G1 and G2.

They wanted to meet our chickens. Surprisingly, two of the chickens, Helen and Harriet, had escaped from the fenced vegetable garden and were wandering around unsupervised in the other part of the yard.

I hadn't been in our back yard for a few days, so I was surprised (and a little embarrassed) by how long the grass was. It was only a couple of weeks ago that Adoring Husband spent days grooming and manicuring and mowing and edging and planting and watering, but the weather has obviously been conducive to rapid growth and the grass is lush and long and a little out of control!

Anyway, I took the kids into the garden where the chook pen is situated and we opened the lid of the nesting box to reveal Happy sitting on seven eggs. I nudged Happy out of the way so that we could collect the eggs and the kids took an egg each to take home and cook, plus one for G3 who wasn't on this visit today.

I'm looking forward to seeing the kids again at the end of the month for Halloween. I think I'm going to decorate the front porch in spooky paraphernalia and figure out the healthiest, yummiest and most memorable way to treat the kids. I've got my thinking cap on!

Tonight, I was excited to discover that the first episode of the new series of Grey's Anatomy is showing, so I am watching and typing at the same time.

Looking forward to morning tea tomorrow and then a meeting with The Motivator and another lady straight after.

It will be another good day, as I hope yours will be too!

Nite all.

No comments: