Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Boring Cars

Bathurst weekend .. ugh!

Every year I complain about the cars driving round and round and round and round... for five or six hours!!!

Why do (mostly) men find that so appealing???

How much money is spent on running this race every year? I just can't get my head around it and I don't understand the fascination.

I am very grateful that it's over for another year.

So my Sunday has been one to easily forget. A nice big breakfast of bacon, eggs, tomato, avocado, mushrooms and spinach to start the day. Stuffed baked zucchini for lunch. Steak and rocket/pear/candied walnut salad for dinner.

The Seat of Knowledge was very pleasant this morning with high tide and sunshine to welcome the day. The boys were in fine form.

The Tawny Frogmouth is still not showing his chicks, but I continue to monitor the nest.

It was mental health week in Queensland last week so I thought I'd give my tips on keeping or finding good mental health.

  1. Make sure you spend time in the sunshine to get a good dose of vitamin D daily.
  2. Exercise, even if it's just a twenty minute walk every morning or afternoon.
  3. Walk barefoot on the beach or on the grass in the back yard.
  4. Eat nourishing fresh food and avoid processed foods and sugar.
  5. Drink plenty of filtered water to help your body remove toxins.
  6. Listen to your favourite uplifting music.
  7. Spend time with animals - very therapeutic.
  8. Pamper yourself - a bath, a pedicure, a movie, a nice lunch or morning tea with the girls.
  9. Random acts of kindness - make soup for sick friend, leave a good book on a park bench as a pleasant surprise for a stranger to read, pay for two coffees at your local cafe so that the next customer gets them for free, visit an elderly person and brighten their day.
  10. Get a solid night's sleep. Seven or eight hours of sleep every night helps your body rest and heal itself ready for the next day.
When I get into a rut and I'm feeling a bit down, it's easy for me to hibernate and neglect myself, which in turn sends me deeper into that rut and closer to depression, so it's important for me to be aware of my habits and be proactive by taking control of the little things.

One small step at a time.

That's my advice ... for what it's worth.



Three things I'm grateful for today ... Adoring Husband and his love, this caring community in which I live and friendships that bring comforting routines and a long history of unconditional loyalty, dependability and commitment.  

Nite all.

No comments: