Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Learning Experience



As I was about to post the above video (which only goes for about 5 minutes), I received an email from 'The Truth About Cancer' to advise that for the next 48 hours, they would be replaying every episode of their last series for free. So here is the link. I think it's important to watch the first episode, but after that, even if you pick out a couple of the episodes where the title draws your interest, they are worth viewing.

After watching the previous series and then some of this one (I didn't have time to watch all of them this time round, so I will definitely catch the ones that I missed over the next 2 days), I was positively inspired and felt good realising that a cancer diagnosis is not a death sentence.

I watched the first series around the time that Adoring Husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer, so I used a lot of the tips and information from that series to make changes in our diet and lifestyle to improve his chances of conquering the disease.

It's where I learned that we had to do everything in our power to create and build a strong immune system so that the body could heal itself. I believe that what I learned in that first series contributed to AH's improved health and subsequent clear result after the initial treatment.

I finish watching these episodes and wonder how the hell we have so easily allowed the medical industry to control our lives and our health so completely, with such poor results.

Anyway, I hope you get to watch at least a couple of these videos. They are not just about curing cancer, but about preventing it as well. They are both educational and interesting.

I've posted this early because I'm out for the evening and I'm not sure if I will be home early enough or sober enough to post later!

Have a lovely Sunday!

Nite all.

No comments: