Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Day Full of 'C's

Coffee, crabs, cooking, curry, cabernet sauvignon, casserole, cleaning, complex circuitry and cancer.

My day was full of 'C's.

As usual, my day started with some time at the Seat of Knowledge and my second stop was for coffee and comestibles (I needed a word starting with 'c' that meant 'food').

The Motivator had her 'cooked crabs for sale' sign out, so I stopped to visit her, talk a little business and bought six nice sized sand crabs before pedalling home to decide whether to cook or clean!

Since I had the comestibles fresh at hand,  I decided to cook.

I made four meals of curried chicken, four meals of casseroled beef and some 'cibo' (Italian for food) spaghetti bolognese sauce, which I flavoured with a nice swig or two of cabernet sauvignon.

While I was preparing these meals, I shelled the six crabs and stored the meat in a container in the fridge, so that I could nibble during the day.

I was also called to assist Adoring Husband in the garage as he tackled the complex circuitry of the break/tail/blinker lights of the box trailer. Much to his frustration, this task eventually proved unsuccessful for the right side lights.

Only minimal cleaning was performed by me. Some sweeping, dish washing, dusting, but by 3pm I was ready to sit down and take a load off.

I took this opportunity to have a look through my Jeunesse paperwork and wrote down some questions to ask one of the experts next week when we meet for some website training.

Finally, I found this very interesting article written by a reporter, who herself, was dying as a result of the treatment she received for breast cancer. She says all of the things that I've been trying to convey for years and considering the amount of research she did over the years of her illness, I find her words painful to read. I can only imagine her overwhelming frustration.

It has been a long and productive day for me. Hopefully, tomorrow, I will wake with the same level of  enthusiasm and get the desperately needed cleaning done! It would be nice to step into the weekend with a clean house and a clean conscience!

I hope that tomorrow I can bring you another 'C' word. CHICKS! The Tawny Frogmouth chicks have hatched and are making Dad squirm on the nest ... their fluffy white selves should be poking their heads out for a look at the world any day now. I'll be ready with my camera.

Should be an early night for me :)

Nite all.

No comments: