Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Slow Morning

I woke up at 6am, looked at my watch and thought to myself 'hmm another hour of sleep', then rolled over and fell asleep until 8am!

I lay in bed reading until 9am.

What a fabulous start to the day!

I pedalled down to the Post Office to pick up my parcel, bought some 'grass fed' beef from the butcher and some distilled water from the supermarket, as well as a coffee for Adoring Husband and myself.

The distilled water will be used to make colloidal silver when my generator arrives in the mail (hopefully tomorrow). I expected it to arrive today, but was disappointed. The Best Barista at our local shops lent me her book 'Everything you need to know about colloidal silver' so I'll be reading up on that and will share some info here in the coming days.

One of the psychotic dogs received a partial grooming today. It took me about 30 minutes to give her face cleanse and trim the hair on her head and her butt. Afterwards, she ran around outside for 5 minutes then promptly jumped through the door and ran all over my clean floor with her dirty wet feet!!

Ugh!!

So I mopped the floor ... again ... and locked her out til she dried properly.

Next job was clearing the fridge so that it was ready to fill with our FROG box order.

Adoring Husband had an SES meeting in The Bay tonight, so I cooked him an early dinner and before he arrived home after the meeting, I prepared a bowl full of blueberries and strawberries and the special chocolate cream that he enjoys so much.

We've had some big storms tonight. Lots of thunder and a spectacular light show. Big enough that the dogs became particularly psychotic and needed to go to their 'safe' chair in the lounge room. The rain has been quite heavy for the last hour or so.

There is a deliciously cool breeze wafting through our bedroom window right now and with the sound of the rain on our tin roof, it is the perfect sleeping weather, so I am off to bed right now to take advantage of it.

Nite all.


No comments: