Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

No Happy Ending

The Sharks lost their game tonight. Perhaps I can rephrase that. The Sharks were annihilated in their semi-final game tonight and therefore lost to the Cowboys. The final score was 39-0.

Very disappointing. Maybe next year.

I have felt very 'out of sorts' today.

Lethargic and unmotivated.

I stayed in bed til late. Rode out to get coffee.

Attempted to finish off some photo editing, but my brain was completely fuzzy.

Adoring Husband wanted me to take some photos at the SES shed, of the group doing some training and other SES stuff, but the idea of spending a couple of hours trapped up there left me feeling totally freaked, so I rejected his request.

Instead, I sat in my lounge room with the blinds drawn and waited for the day to pass. I pedalled down the road for another coffee mid afternoon, but aside from that, my day was pretty blah.

I only drank two glasses of wine last night, so alcohol was certainly not the issue.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a brighter day.

The weather has been pretty ordinary with strong winds all day, which made my trike rides very difficult with a fierce head wind in one direction that had me struggling to get to where I needed to go.

However, on a happy note, that wind is blowing through our bedroom window, so I will enjoy another breezy sleep tonight.

It's Saturday night, and I will be in bed before 10pm!

I made a delicious Curried Cabbage with Cashews to have with our duck breast tonight. Adoring Husband went back for seconds. It was quick and easy.

1/4 cup of butter
1/3 cup raw cashews
3 Tablespoons of minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon of cumin seed
1 small cabbage thinly shredded
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
At the end before I served it, I also added 2 rashers of bacon finely chopped and fried crispy.

In a large frying pan, over a medium heat, melt butter. Add cashews, ginger and cumin and cook stirring often  until cashews and ginger are golden and fragrant (about 2 minutes). Add cabbage and turmeric, cook, stirring often, until tender (about 10 minutes), then sprinkle the coconut sugar over the cabbage and stir through. This balances the flavours nicely.

Mine got a little dry and the pan began to burn the spices a bit, so I added a little water to dilute the spices off the pan, which very slightly steamed the cabbage. I stirred the bacon through before serving.

This amount is supposed to serve 6 - it actually served two in this household!!

I didn't think to take a photo.

Anyway, I'm off to bed before the clock strikes ten.

Nite all.


No comments: