Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 21, 2015

Easy Sunday

I've taken it pretty easy this lovely Sunday.

I spent an hour at the Seat of Knowledge with the boys.

Bought my coffee.

Cooked up a big breakfast for Adoring Husband and myself.

Clipped the chook's wing feathers because they either keep escaping the fenced off garden and coming into the house for a visit OR jumping/flying over the wire fences into the new garden beds to eat the young shoots coming up that AH planted.

We had a lot of fun chasing the chooks around the garden. Helen was very calm and well behaved, but the others were crazy and didn't want to be caught. Happy was screaming what sounded like "HELP!!" "HELP!!" as AH grabbed her with both hands. Harriet was the most difficult to catch. She was very fast and very determined to not get caught.

AH did more chasing than me. I tried, unsuccessfully at times, to block their escape from different corners of the garden. There was a lot of laughter happening and it took us about 30 minutes to catch and trim four chickens.

We spent the rest of the day watching dvds.

This afternoon I had some drinks with Woman of Many Talents before she heads off on her Tasmanian holiday this week.

Cooked dinner.

I edited some more of BGWLBH's photos. I hope to have them finished tomorrow. My laptop seems to be working very slowly at the moment. Quite frustrating at times!

Watched X-Factor, the final of the Peter Allen series and then the deciding Davis Cup match between Australia and Great Britain. The Aussies lost.

Now it's well after midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: