Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 14, 2015

A Day of Lists

Here is my list of top ten 'Did you knows' for the day ...

  1. Toads only eat moving prey.
  2. Koalas sleep around 18 hours each day.
  3. Camel's milk doesn't curdle.
  4. Frogs can't swallow with their eyes open.
  5. Giraffes and rats can last longer without water than camels.
  6. Hummingbirds can't walk.
  7. A dolphin's top speed is 60 kph.
  8. A snail can sleep for 3 years.
  9. A chameleon's tongue is twice the length of it's body.
  10. A moth has no stomach.

Here is my 'to do' list for tomorrow (in no particular order) ...

  1. Vacuum
  2. Mop
  3. Clean the main bathroom
  4. Clean out the fridge
  5. Tidy my desk
  6. Change our bedding
  7. Make chocolate energy balls
  8. Morning tea with the girls
  9. Finish editing photos
  10. Make a new 'to do' list for Wednesday
Here's my list of things that desperately 'need' doing but I keep putting off ...

  1. Groom the dogs
  2. Clear out the middle bedroom to become my office
  3. Sort through the clothes in the back bedroom - 'keep' and 'toss'
  4. Wash the windows
  5. Re-organise the filing cabinet
  6. Clean out the linen cupboard
  7. Package up my jewellery making gear ready to sell
  8. Get a hair cut
  9. Back up all of my photos to the hard drive
  10. Clear my bedside drawers
Here's my list of things that I 'want' to do, but don't because of the all the things that I 'need' to do ...

  1. Spend a day in The Bay by myself
  2. Get a pedicure
  3. Spend some golden hours outside with my camera
  4. Learn how to use my editing tablet
  5. Learn some photoshop tricks
  6. Go to the movies by myself
  7. Romantic strolls along the beach with Adoring Husband
  8. Plan some morning teas at home
  9. Spend time with friends
  10. Have more fun in the kitchen
Here's my list of things that I would like to find the courage or the motivation to do ...

  1. Learn a language
  2. Learn a musical instrument
  3. Design and create with sewing
  4. Learn to dance
  5. Learn to sing
  6. Create a website
  7. Learn to paddle board
  8. Make a budget
  9. Have a housework plan
  10. Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier
That's about it for my list making today, because I'm tired and ready for bed and the brain has wound down to a slow crawl.

It's not even 11pm .. this is a good start for number 10 on the last list!

Nite all.



No comments: