Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 23, 2015

This is it!

It's time.

It's time to say our last goodbyes to this wonderful man who, I have learned, is loved my many. There are so many stories about his goodness, his strength, his loving and supportive nature and his generosity. The big man with the big heart, who quite obviously will be deeply missed.

Of course, it goes without saying that we are all dreading the final goodbye.

By the same token, it means that everybody can begin the difficult task of moving on and learning to live with that huge empty space that he once filled.

I wish that I could do more to ease the burden and lessen everybody's pain, but I know we all have to travel the grieving journey in our own way. It's difficult to watch.

Today, we received more flowers, more food and more family and friends.

It was a very full and very noisy house for a while.

Right now, it's very quiet and I am all alone in the living room, surrounded by flowers and cards and photos. It doesn't feel peaceful though .. I don't know if it's just me, but the tension feels quite heavy in the air.

It's time for me to attempt sleep. I will also 'attempt' to post here tomorrow night, but don't be concerned if it doesn't happen.

Nite all.

No comments: