Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Terrific Tuesday

So much for getting early morning sunshine!

This morning I woke up to a dark, gloomy, overcast sky. It had been raining earlier and thankfully, it stopped for me to pedal to the shops, then the soft spray of misty rain fell for quite some time during our morning tea.

Only three of us turned up for coffee this morning. Tweedle Dum, the Reality TV Queen and I. Even though we missed all of you lovely ladies, whom I imagine to be having a fabulous time, we did have a very pleasant morning and we all jumped to attention at 10.30am when we realised the time!! Time flies when you're having fun!

Right on cue, the rain stopped so that I could pedal home without getting wet.

Earlier in the day, we really thought that our monthly evening barbecue might have to be cancelled. It was so cold this morning .. even I felt the chill in the air! The cold combined with the rain didn't seem very conducive to a pleasant evening.

Thankfully, the weather warmed up, the clouds cleared and the sun shone.

So we had a good roll up.  For those of you who are missing ... we had D & J, J & J, N & G, P & D, I & J with their friends S & B and then Adoring Husband and I. Considering how many of our regular group are out of town this week, fourteen was a pretty good number!

It was a good night. I pedalled down at 5pm with all the food and drink packed into my trike basket and AH arrived later after an SES meeting. So at the end of the evening, after two glasses of wine, I pedalled home with all the lights flashing on the trike.

I loudly announced my departure and told everyone to be wary of my flashing trike as they drove home .. but there was no sign of any cars on the road for my whole journey home.

The new theme for this month's flickr challenge is 'Australian Wildlife' so I'm pretty excited about that. It's right up my alley really.

Finally, The Nikonian nominated me (and two others) for a three day flower challenge so this is today's flower offering ...


Heading off to bed before midnight.

Nite all.



No comments: