Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 31, 2015

Perfect Flights

My two flights today were perfect

Both take-offs.

Both landings.

Smooth flying in perfect skies with a tail wind to bring us home early.

I peered out the window for the entire trip, both flights, and watched the ground as it changed from farmland with the long morning shadows of the trees, to mountains with misty fog undulating in the gullies, to cityscapes with sunlight glistening on the opera house and harbour bridge, the river full of ferries and thousands of small boats and yachts as it snaked toward the sea and then finally to the ocean which was the deepest cleanest blue that I've ever seen.

Heading north, on the way home from Sydney, we followed the coastline all the way. The long sandy beaches, the river mouths opening into the ocean. The small towns and the bigger cities changing the landscape. The huge cargo ships out to sea. The thick heavy cloud way out on the horizon. Then recognition as we passed over Fraser Island which was our cue to descend for landing.

The only time I looked away from the view, was when I accepted a glass of water from the flight attendant.

We landed in The Bay ten minutes earlier than expected and Adoring Husband was waiting with a big smile and open arms.

I was starving by the time we landed, so AH took us to 'Eat @ Dan & Steph's' for lunch, where we each thoroughly enjoyed a Cumin Spiced Chicken Salad and a coffee. It's the first time that we've eaten at this restaurant which is owned by the 2013 MKR winners.

The seating is not very comfortable, so we wouldn't go there for a long leisurely lunch, but the service was very friendly, the food was delicious, reasonably priced and it was served promptly.

After some grocery shopping, we came home to be greeted by three very happy and excited psychotic dogs. I think they were happy to see me :)

My head cold still hasn't set in ... I'm hoping that a miracle will occur tonight and I will wake in the morning with a completely clear head!

I've ordered our FROG box for this week.

Another exciting thing that happened today, was me being pounced upon (not literally) by a beautiful Arabic-Canadian man who was selling an organic skincare range at the airport.  He was an excellent salesman and I bought some of his product. It's an Australian made and owned company as well. I guess you'll have to watch this space to get my review in about a month.

I'm about to go use it for the first time right now before bed.

Griffith farewelled me with a chilly zero degree morning ... that's bloody cold.

It was extremely hard to say goodbye to BGWLBH this morning. It was our most difficult goodbye yet. Ugh.

So in the words of BGWLBH ...

Good Bloody Nite.    

No comments: