Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 6, 2015

I'm Booked

An hour in the beautiful Winter sunshine was just what I needed this morning. The perfect start to the day.

Coffee, then I booked my train trip to the Sunny Coast for Monday, then more coffee, then home.

Study was intense for a couple of hours including a live seminar that was interesting.

I cooked steak and salad for lunch and then I roasted a big pot of vegetables in the oven to have with sausages and bacon for dinner.

That is the total excitement of my day.

I hope to finish my essay tomorrow so that I can then focus on preparing for my week away. Making up some sauces for Adoring Husband to add to his protein and then some of his favourite chocolate energy balls to keep him energised while I'm gone. I think there is enough bone broth to keep him going, so I won't have to make any more of that.

I feel quite weary tonight and it's only 11pm.

Sorry for the short and sweet post, but some days there is just nothing to report and the brain can't stretch it further than a mini post.

Nite all.

No comments: