Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 14, 2015

Earthquake Madness

Home safe n sound after a very long and slow trip home on the train.

A magnitude 4 earthquake that struck approximately one hour before the train was due to arrive at my stop, meant that it had to slow down to 40kph, which made it 30 minutes late to my station.

The trip to the next stop, would normally take 40 minutes, but took two hours.

Of course, I had no idea about the earthquake, and no idea why the train was travelling so slowly ... until I overheard one of the attendants tell another passenger that the train would take another 90 minutes to reach the next station, which is normally a 40 minute trip.

Finally, an announcement came over the system "As you are all aware, the earthquake has caused long delays with our travel today"

Nooooo, I was NOT aware that there had been an earthquake and NO I was NOT aware that there were delays!!!!

Ugh!!

So Adoring Husband offered to drive to Maryborough and pick me up from there. That wonderful man was waiting at the station AND had bought coffee on the way, so that I had a delicious hot latte waiting in the car for me.

He dropped me at the Club and then drove home to get ready himself.

I hadn't eaten all day .. I'd had just two coffees. I drank two glasses of wine at the club and by the time we arrived home I was 'hangry' .. for those of you who don't know, hangry is a combination of 'hungry' and 'angry'. AH heated up some pre-made curried sausages and boiled some rice for a quick and delicious dinner.

So I guess he was my Knight in Shining Armour today. Thank you Adoring Husband :)

Now I am looking forward to climbing into my own bed and sleeping the night away.

My Dad would have been 75 years old today. Happy birthday Dad. I expect that wherever you are, you were there to welcome Uncle Ken as he passed and you just might be sharing a beer right now.

I hope that's how the hereafter works!

Nite all.

No comments: