Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Date Day with AH

I struggled to get out of bed this morning and missed my time with the boys at the Seat of Knowledge, but I did go for an extended trike ride to soak up that glorious Winter sunshine after I bought my coffee.

I've begun my search for Tawny Frogmouth nests, but I may be a touch early .. end of August, early September is the usual time for their nesting to begin, so when I return from the Sunny Coast, I will really get serious with my search.

Adoring Husband had to spend the morning in SES uniform, but then invited me to 'Goody's on the Beach' in Toogoom, for lunch.

It was a beautiful sunshiny day, with just the softest breeze blowing, so conditions were perfect for eating outdoors with water views and enjoying wonderful easy listening entertainment.

I had a Pumpkin and Rocket Salad with Pine Nuts and Prawns, while Adoring Husband ate Moroccan Pork on Wild Rice. We had GF Orange and Almond Cake with Pouring Cream for dessert. I could have easily spent the entire afternoon drinking, eating and listening and enjoying time with AH.

Needless to say, there was no study today. No cooking as I'd planned.

We arrived home, just in time for the football on TV.

I've partially packed my suitcase for my trip tomorrow and I'm excited that the stars have finally aligned and I get to spend tomorrow and overnight with The Nikonian at her home. I worked out that it has been over a year since we've spent any time together .. just one morning tea in February this year, so there may be a wine or two to share and heaps to catch up on!

The next day, I get to see Bubbles again! She is up this way for an engagement party and the Sunny Coast is about the halfway point between our place and where she is staying.

Of course, I am also excited about seeing the Chicklet family and spending a few days with them!

It's going to be a great week.

So, in saying that, I should head to bed and get a good night's sleep, so that I can wake early and at least make AH his energy balls to keep that sweet tooth of his happy while I'm away!

Nite all.

No comments: