Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Big Smoke

Well, here we are in Sydney.

Two more sleeps and I will be home in my own bed .. I must say that I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed!

It seemed like a very long drive today. Five hours on the freeway is long and boring. Our trips prior to this have been on the back roads which are much more interesting than long straight freeways. Today felt like it was never ending.

I have to mention a lovely little cafe named Rosie's, at John's River. We were in need of a coffee and there was a sign on the freeway between Port Macquarie and Taree promoting Rosie's, so we took the turn off and BGWLBH ordered her coffee while I checked out the gift shop.  I didn't buy anything, but BGWLBH LOVED her coffee so much, she told me to mention it here in the blog.

After the long freeway trip, we were very grateful for google maps getting us through Sydney today .. made it so much easier .. and we were lucky with all the traffic lights and barely stopped for the entire trip from one end of Sydney to the other.

It was a huge relief to finally pull into the carpark of the Metro and after we checked in ... guess what we did?  YES!! We shopped some more.

We met Bubbles at the Miranda RSL and had dinner there. I had the veal scallopini this time round and it was delicious. I probably had one too many wines and I think that I'll sleep soundly tonight.

We're a bit sad that the road trip has come to an end, but excited about shopping til we drop tomorrow.

BGWLBH and I both agree that this has been the best road trip yet. Thoroughly enjoyable from beginning to end. We are also exhausted! My food options have not always been favourable and I think I've gained a couple of kgs so I'm looking forward to some healthy, organic meal options and some bone broth, which I've missed a lot.

Meanwhile, I need some sleep tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: