Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 17, 2015

Social Butterfly

I was awake before 6am this morning, and through the window, from my bed, I saw the most beautiful pink sky as the sun rose.

Did I take the opportunity to race down to the river or the beach with my camera to capture the beauty of this sunrise?

Nooooooooo!

It was dang cold this morning! I was not getting out from under that warm doona for any reason!

I didn't even get up early enough to meet my boys at the Seat of Knowledge. Instead, I enjoyed another long leisurely morning of delicious toastiness under my doona, reading.

I finally decided to rise some time after 8.30am and then took half an hour to find clothes warm enough to wear outside! I just don't possess warm clothes anymore!

Since we moved here, we've only had one Winter cold enough for me to wear a jacket, and that weather only lasted for about a week, so I discarded most of my Winter clothes. Today, I regretted that decision.

As I began my ride to the shops, 'Woman of Many Talents' drove toward me and stopped her car for a quick chat. We quickly arranged for her to drop in at my house for a catch up and a drink or two this afternoon, and then I rode on to the shops, bought my morning coffee and checked the post box for mail. I was returning home and noticed that 'The Motivator' had the sign up for selling sand crabs, so I stopped at her house with the intention of buying some crabs.

She invited me inside and there went two hours! It was almost 11.30am when I got home. I enjoy her company very much and she makes a lot of sense out of my .. what I like to call .. quirky personality traits.

So, two hours and five sand crabs later, I returned home fully intending to study. You know how my life is full of good intentions. Yes you do.

I stood at my sink and ate four of the five crabs.

I sat down on the couch and watched the movie 'Something New' starring Simon Baker.

I prepared some carrot sticks and guacamole for my drinking buddy and then spent 2.5 hours drinking and chatting and analysing and reminiscing and laughing with 'Woman of Many Talents'.

After she left, I had to mix up and package 6kgs of dog food.

Adoring Husband arrived home from Fraser Island at about 8pm and all he got for dinner at that hour was a mug of chicken broth.

I have a few photos from the road trip to share ...




... and of course, it is well after midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: