Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

It's all About the Food

This is definitely the coldest Winter that we have experienced since moving here seven years ago. The last few mornings have been 4C and 5C but felt much colder. Icy in fact! We've had cold mornings in the past, but never this many in a row.

The good news is that next week, we should be back to our usual Winter weather, which is cool, but sunshiny. Minimums of 11-13C are much more pleasurable and it's so much easier to get out of bed in the mornings.

This morning it was too cold to get out of bed, so Adoring Husband bought my take away coffee and delivered it to me so that I could stay in bed reading .. which I did until after 11am!! It was wonderful and I'd slept for a good ten hours last night, so it was a luscious way to start the day.

Adoring Husband was kind enough to invite me out for lunch, so we got all dressed up and headed into The Bay. There were plenty of choices, but we chose our favourite place, The Wild Lotus.

We selected a window seat and then proceeded to gorge ourselves on a three course meal! Well, actually, AH only had two courses, it was ME that had three!

I started with Lime and Black Pepper Crusted Calamari, followed by Slow Roasted Pork Belly and for dessert, which was incredibly decadent for us, Creme Brulee which was served with a side of vanilla ice cream and berry sauce! For someone who doesn't eat sugar anymore, that sugar hit sent me for a six!!

I was feeling so full for so long, that I couldn't even eat dinner tonight!

After lunch, we returned home just in time to watch the football. Three games today for Super Saturday and I got three out of three correct with my footy tipping.

I have spent the evening online, searching for shoes to go with Bubbles' dress that she's wearing to the engagement party.

This is a very dangerous thing .. me .. in a shoe shop .. online. Oh you should see some of those perfectly divine shoes. The colours. The bling. The different styles. Wedges. Stilettos. Kitten heels. Cone heels. Prism heels. Spool heels. Sling backs. Platforms. So many delicious designs.

It was difficult, but my shoe cupboard should not be expecting any new additions in the coming weeks. I showed incredible restraint. Believe it or not!

The clock is rapidly heading towards 1AM. This is what happens when I sleep for ten hours! I think I hear my pillow calling my name, so I'm off.

Before I go, I watched this amazing short video (ten minutes) today that I thought some of you would appreciate. Truly amazing and miraculous.



Oh and a couple of photos from the road trip!! The first is a Katoomba Kookaburra and the second is 'The Drip Gorge' near Mudgee.



Nite all.

No comments: