Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Improving

I'm happy to announce that Dad W's health has improved enough that he is delegating his chores. I tell you, he won't go down without a fight!!

... and WOOPS!! I still haven't looked at my photos from the trip.

I had a great morning tea with a bigger group of ladies than usual, this morning. There were eight of us, which is fantastic, but with so many of us away lately, it was difficult to catch up on everyone's news and holiday/weekend/caravanning/road trip stories.

So many interesting stories to listen to and so little time to do it.

Meanwhile, this was advertised by the FROG people that we order our organic fruit and veg from and it looks like something some of us might enjoy.

Retreat (<- click here for more info)


OR .. there is this one .. Heartland.


that Vegan Chickie experienced recently, and highly recommends, though I feel it is a little more 'rustic' than 'luxury', so it all depends on what you're looking for.

... and some quotes and pics from facebook that I liked today.


I'm happily enjoying the new season of Winners and Losers right now and tomorrow I plan on a solid day of study, which means that I need to sleep very soon.

Nite all.

No comments: