Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Cooling Off

I woke early this morning, but decided it was too cosy in bed to be getting up and heading out into the very cool windy morning, so I stayed there until after 9am! How good is my life?

So I missed my boys at the Seat of Knowledge, but the parcel of 'stuff that wouldn't fit in my suitcase', that I sent myself from Sydney, arrived today! I was hoping that I accidentally packed my sunglasses in the box, but they weren't there. Three new handbags were though, so that soothed my disappointment :)

I stopped to chat with Sam at the caravan park. Sam and his wife, Mika, are from South Australia and have been coming to our town every Winter for about 13 years. They celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary a few days ago. He told me that most people respond to that information with "Oh poor Mika!"

Sam and I call out to each other every morning when I ride past his caravan with my coffee. He's a really nice old bloke and his wife is lovely too.

I've had the entire day to myself because Adoring Husband had SES duties all day and was out of town for various meetings.

I did absolutely nothing productive all day. Minimal study. Minimal housework. Minimal cooking.

I have just realised that I haven't looked at any of my photos from the road trip yet! Must have a quick look at them tomorrow and see if there are any worth sharing here. I really didn't take as many photos this trip. I usually see the entire trip through the lens, but I actually 'lived' most of the road trip this time round and didn't take the camera out of the bag very often at all. I think, also, that it was too bloody cold to think about photos!!

I'm looking forward to morning tea with my girls tomorrow and Maid Marian is home from her couple of months caravaning, so she should have some stories to tell.

Off to bed for me. I'm exhausted from doing nothing!

Nite all.

No comments: