Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Another Done and Dusted

Another exam done and dusted today. Anatomy and Physiology 2. Easier and shorter than I expected.

Now I focus on an 800 word essay which is due in two weeks.

I'm not sure if I've shared this video before, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I watch it. All dog lovers, animal lovers, baby lovers and lovers of children will love this video.



Here is another photo from our road trip.


I've only ever once found this type of bird in the wild before and it was too high in the tree to get a decent photo .. even this one was a distance away and the photo is not as sharp as I'd have liked, but the colour is pretty spectacular just the same.

The oven man did not appear to fix my oven today and I am not happy Jan! This means that I have at least another week until I can cook in my oven again. UGH!! If he doesn't turn up next week, I think I might be ready to give him a piece of my mind and find somebody else to fix it. By next week, it will be six weeks since my oven worked.

I'm off now to make a raw paleo chocolate cake, so that I can take a slice with a candle in it to The Motivator for her birthday tomorrow. Stoopid oven.

Here is the link to the recipe if you're interested.

Paleo Raw Chocolate Raspberry Cake

Nite all.

No comments: