Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

What day is it?

I woke up this morning wondering what the hell day it was!

At first I thought it was Thursday and my brain was sorting through all the facts that would provide me with a conclusion as to what day it actually was.

I had lazily opened my eyes a little earlier, to see Adoring Husband in his SES t-shirt, so I immediately thought to myself, AH goes to SES on Thursdays .. but then I realised that he goes on Thursday 'nights' NOT mornings.

So then my brain tried to remember the order that AH told me he had SES duties this week .. which did me no good whatsoever because he has SES stuff on every day except Tuesday this week!

I tried to remember what I did yesterday. Aha .. morning tea with the girls and the barbecue last night .. yesterday was Tuesday!! Which makes today Wednesday!!

Then I remembered that I had a date with The Motivator this morning, so I got myself motivated to start my day!

It was very chilly this morning and apparently it was 8C when AH was out in the car earlier. It was chilly enough that I needed to wear something more substantial than just a t-shirt because there was a cold sneaky breeze to add chill to the air.

Down by the river, it was warm enough basking in the sunshine, but when the clouds skimmed over to hide the sun, the chill returned to the air. It's definitely the beginning of Winter.

I had an interesting morning with The Motivator and learned all about some skin care and health care products that she has started using. She is positively glowing, and it's especially noticeable after she had quite invasive surgery that has taken a couple of months from which to recover.

I am seriously considering trying them myself and have been given some information to study.. I will investigate further and get back to you!

This evening, I'm thinking about making some energy balls .. or perhaps waiting til tomorrow morning .. physically, I'm feeling very lazy, but mentally, I have all these energetic ideas that I don't have the physical motivation to complete.

I guess procrastination will win out tonight and I'll find my mojo tomorrow before I sit down to study.


Nite all.

No comments: