Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Wasted Day

It's been an enjoyable, but wasted day .. and by wasted, I mean a wasted study day .. again.

I saw my boys this morning, then had a really enjoyable morning tea with the girls, bought some groceries, picked up a borrowed item from Gentleman Jim's, dropped the groceries at home and picked up my bags of preloved clothes to deliver to someone who might enjoy them. I then returned home and cooked crispy skinned chicken with sweet potato and choko puree and baby spinach for our lunch.

By this time it was already 2pm and all I wanted to do was sit down and put my feet up. I sat at my desk, but the motivation had well and truly passed, so I did the healthy thing and 'let it go'.

Let's try again tomorrow!

Tonight I cooked up a kangaroo fillet for Adoring Husband and served it with a garden salad of baby spinach, cucumber, tomato, capsicum, onion, pear, avocado and balsamic vinegar.

I had a pear, two energy balls and a bottle of water because I was still satisfied with the rather large lunch that we had consumed.

Adoring Husband is always hungry, always has been and always will be a 'bottomless pit' for food. He has no 'full' button, nor does he have any self control, so, in the last 12 years, I can probably count on one hand how many times he hasn't been able to eat everything on his plate.

For example, I made 36 chocolate energy balls 5 days ago AND a choccado tart (similar to a cheesecake). I ate a third of the tart and 6 energy balls. There is nothing left of either of these sweets.

All of these Paleo sweets and two cooked meals every day, plus chicken broth most mornings .. and he is lean. Leaner than he has been since he was competition dancing back in the 90s. It's amazing what taking processed foods, sugar and carbs out of the diet can do.

Here is a link to a story about saturated fat and cholesterol, which you might find interesting.

Here it is, almost midnight again.

I'm outta here.

Nite all.

No comments: