Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 18, 2015

There was Light

Adoring Husband and I arrived home from The Bay yesterday right on sunset and the sky looked like it might have something special in it, so I jumped on my trike and pedalled like crazy down to a different part of the river than my usual spot.

The sky didn't quite reach the heights of colour that I was expecting and I actually ran up and over the grassy dune that was between me and the mud flats to get a decent shot before what little colour there was, disappeared.

Did you take that in? I RAN! It didn't even hurt! And I lived! I lived to tell the tale!

Anyway, I came across a big old abandoned boat beached on the sandy bank with a big chain hanging down off the bow, so I used it to my advantage to add a bit of interest to the shot ..


Once again, nothing to report for the day. I studied.

I was given a tip about a great photo opportunity, which I'm going to follow up tomorrow morning, so watch this space!

It's almost midnight again, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: