Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Fleeting Visit

Chicklet's itinerary:

  1. Arrive at Poppy Barry's and Bozzy Wozzy's house.
  2. Use the toilet (fast!)
  3. Meet SEB the cockatiel.
  4. Meet the chickens.
  5. Collect the eggs - three of them.
  6. Give Bozzy Wozzy a belated hello hug.
  7. Gather together and count all the frog garden ornaments.
  8. Have lunch.
  9. Greet Poppy Barry who arrives home late for lunch.
  10. Play tag with Bozzy Wozzy in the back yard (while Bozzy Wozzy is surprised at how well Bozzy Wozzy can run!)
  11. Open the bag of goodies from Bozzy Wozzy.
  12. Meet psychotic dog Ruby.
  13. Drive to the beach with Poppy Barry, Bozzy Wozzy and Mamma.
  14. Explore the beach and collect shells with Poppy Barry.
  15. Have a bath with Bozzy Wozzy's supervision.
  16. Watch TV while Bozzy Wozzy cooks dinner.
  17. Eat dinner.
  18. Read 5 books with Bozzy Wozzy.
  19. Have a mini meltdown.
  20. Sleep.
  21. Wake up and say good morning to everyone.
  22. Sort Bozzy Wozzy's jewellery, by moving it from the dressing table to the bed, in it's tangled mess.
  23. Hide in Bozzy Wozzy's wardrobe while she gets dressed.
  24. Collect the eggs with Dadoo - two of them.
  25. Go to morning tea with Bozzy Wozzy and meet her friends.
  26. Play with Archie the dog, whose Aunty was at morning tea.
  27. Collect Bozzy Wozzy's mail from the post office box.
  28. Collect Lady Lynn's mail from the post office box.
  29. Go to the park and play on the swings with Poppy Barry and Bozzy Wozzy.
  30. Run up and slide down the skate ramps with Poppy Barry.
  31. Say goodbye to Poppy Barry.
  32. Have long cuddles with Bozzy Wozzy.
  33. Climb in the car and drive home to Sunny Coast.
So, as you can tell, the visit was short, but we fit plenty into the time we had.



We will work our way up to longer visits until eventually, Chicklet will come home on the train with me and spend time here without Mamma and Dadoo.

After the fam left, I rode to the butcher and picked up my order of chicken frames and thighs and then came home to put on a big batch of chicken broth so that Adoring Husband has enough while I'm away next week.

I got some study in, but then when nothing was staying in my head, I decided to finish the job that Chicklet started, and sorted through my jewellery.

Vegan Chickie, quite rightly, described the giant mess as 'obscene'. She was referring more to the amount of jewellery that I had acquired, than the actual mess itself.

So today, I decided that it was time to do a brutal cull.

After at least two hours of back breaking sorting and culling, I tossed a full plastic shopping bag full of junk and dress jewellery and STILL what is left doesn't fit in my two large jewellery boxes on the dressing table. I STILL have MANY MANY necklaces hanging off both corners of the dressing table mirror!!

Anyway, I feel good because I've been wanting to clear that mess for months, but kept putting it off .. it took Chicklet's visit and her attempt to look at everything in the tangled mess, to motivate me.

By the time I'd finished sorting, my back was complaining, so I took the easy way out and prepared leftovers for dinner. Luckily, my back only needed resting because it's fine again now.

Now, it's time for an early night in preparation for my exam tomorrow so ...

Nite all.


No comments: