Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 20, 2015

So much to do ...

So little time.

Tomorrow, I have to groom the dogs and do some cooking in preparation for the family coming on Monday.

And I have to study. I sooooo need to study. I just don't feel ready for the exam. It's going to be a tough one and I need to be better prepared.

It's so intense and there is so much information that I need to learn, I have to take regular breaks, because otherwise it all starts to sound like blah blah blah.

At least I got to enjoy a nice sunset this afternoon ...






I slept in this morning and didn't get out on the trike at all. Adoring Husband delivered my coffee bedside again and I took my time greeting the day.

I seemed to spend a lot of time in the kitchen in between study sets. A big bacon and egg breakfast. Fresh fish and salad for lunch. Bone broth. Steak and veg for dinner tonight.

Now I'm trying to fatten up AH by feeding him some carbs. A big batch of fried rice yesterday and a big fat baked potato in it's jacket for him tonight. Who'd a thunk that I would ever be trying to fatten him up!!?

The trick now is for me to avoid the carbs that I prepare for him. I found my food niche .. the perfect foods that don't negatively affect me and I need to stick with them to maintain optimal health. It's so easy to be tempted to eat the foods that I once loved.

I had some rice last night and suffered with indigestion and reflux for two hours between 2.30 am and 4.30am! I finally made my way to the kitchen and took a swig of apple cider vinegar. That mouthful stung my throat so badly, I thought it was being stripped bare! But within about 30 seconds, I felt my stomach settle and the indigestion and reflux miraculously vanished!

This is why I slept in ... trying to catch up on those lost two hours.

It's almost 11pm, so I think I'll try for a solid night of sleep.

Nite all.





No comments: