Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Last Tuesday

It's the last Tuesday of the month.

That means a barbecue at the park, on the river for a large group of us.

Unfortunately, a large number of our large group were not available tonight.

There are usually about 20 of us, but tonight, only 6.

Travelling holidays and other commitments reduced our numbers considerably.

Even though so many of us were not available, it was still a very pleasant evening and the weather was very mild, the sunset quite glorious and the company friendly and comfortable.

I took a photo of the sunset, with my phone, but it was not very good .. instead I am going to share Mardi's phone photo which she took before the rest of us arrived. The horizon is a little crooked, but it's still a lovely pic. I hope Mardi doesn't mind me sharing her pic ...


Adoring Husband bought himself a new laptop today.

I warned him that I didn't want to hear any swearing from him as he set it up, but (and I knew this would happen) he could not help himself. The clawing questions and random swearing came thick and fast. Study was out of the question and my frustration was almost overwhelming.

It's possible that I could move out for a couple of weeks until he has set himself up .. perhaps a trip down south to Chicklet's house is on the cards.

The only other alternative, is to drink copious amounts of alcohol from early hours of the day, to help me cope with the stress of it all.

After 4 days of cursing because of failed technology and then new technology, I am dreaming of an 'island of calm'. I am pleading with the gods of bliss to bring me to that island in a smooth and floaty manner.

Anyway, for the first time in a couple of years, I had to use the public facilities, and on the way back to our barbecue area I stopped to chat with a couple of older gentlemen who were fishing on the river bank.

They had grandchildren and great grandchildren and one of them thought that I was 35 yrs old and didn't believe that I had a grandchild. I hugged him and announced that he was my new best friend. Admittedly, it was very dark and he was very old, but I'm more than happy to tell the story of the man who believed that I was twenty years younger than my actual age!!

It has been a great day .. morning tea with the girls, shopping in The Bay with AH, a pleasant evening at the park and I think I might get another early night tonight. What is the world coming to??!

Nite all.

No comments: