Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 1, 2015

I'm a Monday Person

I do like Mondays.

Adoring Husband spends Monday mornings fulfilling SES duties, so while I plan on studying every Monday, I always spend a couple of hours tidying my desk, emptying my email inbox, figuring out what order to study my three subjects for the week and planning lunch!

I only spent one hour actually studying today.

I cooked up a fairly substantial lunch of roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and balsamic vinegar, sweet potato chips, steamed snow peas and smoked cod with a leek and white wine sauce. We had chocolate brownies with strawberries and cream for dessert.

Dinner tonight, for Adoring Husband, was a nosh up of cabbage, mushroom, onion and zucchini in a chilli, tomato and white wine sauce, served with crispy skinned chicken.

My dinner was a glass of Oyster Bay SB and three deliciously sweet passionfruit (kindly donated by our neighbours).

Here is the framed photo that I mentioned a couple of days ago.


I feel a bit of a chill in the air tonight .. good sleeping weather. There have also been some beautiful Winter sunrises, so I'm thinking of going to bed early and attempting to get out of bed before the sun tomorrow morning for some sunrise shots. I always have good intentions the night before, but the bed just feels so cozy and comfortable in the darkness of early morning and it's difficult for me to get myself moving!

Wait and see.

Perhaps a concerted effort to get more hours of study in tomorrow .. after morning tea with the girls.

So I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: