Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

I left on a jet plane

The plane was on time. The flight was uneventful. I got a free cup of tea. We landed in sunny, warm Sydney and taxied to the terminal, but the moving bridge wouldn't work so we all had to exit through the rear door and walk across the tarmac and up a gozillion flights of steps to get into the terminal.

There were a gozillion people at the airport all shuffling together and refusing to give way to anybody.

I was met by the smiling, but stressed Knight in Shining Armour, who rushed me through the airport to the baggage claim area and my bag arrived on the conveyor belt at the exact same time that we stepped off the escalator! Excellent timing!

We then walked to the car, which was on the 3rd level of the carpark and try as we might, even following the 'way out' signs, we struggled to find the way out!! It took us about 15 minutes to FINALLY find the exit!!

The worst part was the number of cars driving in the wrong direction and us trying to squeeze past them and then the one woman who decided to do a u-turn in her large 4wd and had to do a 23 point turn to do so. We sat for about 8 minutes watching her do that.

We easily found our way to the motel and I checked in. Knight in Shining Armour dropped me off at the Miranda RSL where I found BGWLBH, who had arrived about an hour before me.

Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour arrived a couple of hours later and we all had dinner together, which was delicious! A glass of wine with dinner and watching Cronulla beat Cowboys on the big screen in the distance. There's nothing better than being in 'The Shire' when the Sharks win a football game .. it happens so rarely these days!

We were back in our room by 7pm and are now sitting up watching telly and checking out youtube videos.

Despite the loud street noise and a few noisy patrons in the hallways, I think we will sleep well tonight.

It's almost 10pm and I'm going to sign off here. No photos yet. Shopping tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: