Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 29, 2015

Saw the Movie

Saw 'That Sugar Film' tonight, with Adoring Husband and Apple.

Begin whinge ...

The ticket stated that the movie commenced at 6.30pm. We arrived at about 5.50pm and were about 5th & 6th in the queue, which started almost at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the various cinemas.

The host arrived and took our ticket numbers to mark us off his list, advised us that we would be announced into the cinema at 6.20pm.

We waited and waited and waited.

We wanted to buy water to take into the cinema, but the confectionary bar didn't open until 6.15pm, by which time there were 80 other people attempting to buy popcorn and other junk food, so we gave up on that idea.

The queue grew until it reached all the way back to the building entrance, and one of the staff asked us all to move closer together, so that people could fit inside the building.

Finally, at about 6.45pm, the host announced that the movie wasn't starting until 7pm and we could make our way into the Cinema.

It was a BIG crowd, almost completely filling cinema 1, and in front of us, were two women who I guessed to be mother and daughter .. the mother being about 75-80 yrs old and the daughter being about 20 yrs younger.

They both walked into the cinema eating a choc top ice cream cone. They chatted to each other all the way through the movie, so they missed quite a bit of the information being conveyed, and at the end of the movie, the mother loudly declared "everything in moderation".

The woman beside them decided it was a good idea to play with her phone for the last 20 minutes, so I had a glaring bright light in my eyes for that period of time .. very distracting.

There must have been half a dozen people in the cinema with terrible barking coughs and each took turns coughing loudly throughout the movie. If I knew exactly who they were, I would have walked over to each of them, grabbed them by the ear and led out of the cinema demanding that they take their dirty stinking germs home and go to bed!!

... end whinge.

The movie was interesting and very informative. It was also entertaining and had people like Hugh Jackman and Stephen Fry providing some of the facts. It was certainly an eye opener and quite shocking in parts.

I can't wait for it to be released on dvd around the end of July and will definitely get a copy .. perhaps some of my friends and family will receive a copy for Christmas!!

Adoring Husband and I actually drove into town at about 1.30pm because we had a few things to do before the movie. I got some great bargains .. a pair of jeans, some shorts and a top at fantastic sale prices. I printed some large copies of a couple of my photos and bought a nice frame for one of them. We priced some laptops and desktop computers for AH - depending on whether his current devices can be repaired or not. We had coffee at a new coffee chop and did some grocery shopping.

So, it's fair to say, after 5 hours in town, that we were not in the mood for waiting in queues or attempting to listen to a movie over the top of elderly chatter, or barking coughs. Also, AH had very little for lunch and I had nothing .. so I guess you could say we were a little 'hangry' (that's a combination of hungry and angry).

On a more positive note, this morning I caught up with a friend who I haven't seen for a couple of months. I'll call her 'The Motivator'. She has recently had major surgery on her shoulder, so has been interstate and out of action for a while. We don't get much time together very often, but when we do, it's quality time and we fit a lot into it, so I had a great morning.

I also bought and shelled 6 crabs,  four of which, I ate when we got home from the movie tonight.

I am sated. I am tired.

Nite all.

No comments: