Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Loving the Fat

Big news out of the USA. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, which represents 90,000 registered Dietician Nutritionists (RDNs) have released the following statements in relation to the new US Dietary guidelines:

Saturated Fat: "the Academy supports the decision to drop dietary cholesterol from the nutrients of concern list and recommends it deemphasize saturated fat from nutrients of concern, given the lack of evidence connecting it with cardiovascular disease."

Sugar: "the evidence is strongest that a reduction in the intake of added sugars will improve the health of the American public. The identification and recognition of the specific health risks posed by added sugars represents an important step forward for public health"

Many of you will already be doing this but basically this means lower your sugar intake and enjoy cooking with butter or coconut oil. Yay!!

Here is our dinner from the other night with recipe and instructions (for most of it).








... and some more photos of my little Chicklet ...



I did a lot of cooking today (again). I packaged the second batch of chicken broth, made a chocolate cheesecake slice (paleo style), roasted some more vegetables to have with the leftover chicken and gravy (from the photos), made some chocolate energy balls and then cooked crispy skinned chicken with salsa salad for dinner.

I have to congratulate Mardi on the birth of her first (blood) grandchild, a boy, Cooper - congratulations to 'The Lifesaver' too! I can't wait to have a celebratory coffee with her tomorrow .. and eventually a wine or two and clink glasses in a big rejoicing cheers!! Lots of Love xox

We will miss 'Lady Lynn' at our morning tea tomorrow, who is hopefully relaxing and lazing about on a short beach side holiday. 'Beauty' is also gallivanting over the countryside on a long caravanning holiday. 'Maid Marian' is jaunting about for a couple of months as well, so our numbers are reduced for a while!

That's it. Must go to bed before I get involved in this movie that just started.

Nite all.

No comments: