Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 11, 2015

I'm off!

I had a lovely Mother's Day yesterday.

Adoring Husband delivered my coffee, fresh and delicious, and then made bacon, eggs, tomato and mushroom which he brought to me in bed.

I stayed in bed until after 11am. It was a lovely cool morning, so I stayed under the doona and sat up supported by a few pillows. I got a phone call from my little Chicklet angel and Vegan Chickie and then I spent a lazy morning reading.

There is no better way to spend Mother's Day morning.

I got a message from Bubbles the night before and a text from Number One Son later in the afternoon, so it was nice to hear from all the kids, in some form or another. The age of technology hey.

I haven't edited any more of the photos from the party yet.

Tomorrow, we leave bright and early, so that AH can drive me to the Sunny Coast and then he continues on to Brisvegas for his third check up.

As you know, I rarely have the chance to post on here the first night with Chicklet, so you may or may not see me here tomorrow :)

Have a lovely day!

Nite all.

No comments: