Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 15, 2015

I'm Home!

Touching base briefly again.

Adoring Husband drove south to pick me up this morning and after spending about an hour playing hide n seek with Chicklet, we drove off to the sounds of her distraught cries. I spent 4 days with her, and AH spent a total of 2 hours in her presence, but it was 'Poppy' who she begged to stay!!

It was difficult to leave her but we did and I introduced AH to the Kunara Organic Market where we started with coffee and raw blueberry cheesecake before shopping at the supermarket and the butcher.

I love that place.

We got a nice stash of organic meat and a couple of boxes of organic fruit and veg. We also bought some organic veg seedlings as well as a soursop bush to plant in our back yard.

We must have spent 2 hours at those markets and as we began to drive home, decided to stop at Eumundi and have lunch at the Bohemian Bungalow Restaurant and Bar. We partook of slow roasted pork belly with a wonderful salad drenched in the most delicious dressing. I enjoyed every mouthful.
Then we drove directly home.

It was great to get home.

Tomorrow, my plan is to finally get my kimchi started and another batch of chicken broth. I also have some organic lamb's fry that needs to be cooked because we bought it frozen but the esky didn't keep it cold enough (because we forgot to buy ice!).

I will also put in a couple of hours worth of study before the football starts in the afternoon.

I just want to mention Grannymus ... you are in my thoughts and I hope that you can build up your strength quickly so that you can head home to be with Grandpa soon. Lots of love being sent your way, along with positive strong energy. xoxox

I am feeling very worn out, so I think I will head off to bed right now.

Nite all.

No comments: