Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 16, 2015

First Day

So much to do .. I think I need to channel my 'time management' skills from my working days.

My plans for today included visiting my boys at the Seat of Knowledge, grabbing my coffee, coming home to make bacon and eggs for Adoring Husband, bring out the slow cooker for a batch of chicken bone broth, prepare the vegetables for fermentation, make lunch and then spend the rest of the day studying before the football started at 3pm.

I was able to do everything on that list except the fermented vegetables .. the containers needed to be sterilised through the dishwasher and time ran out, so I'll put that on top of my list for tomorrow.

Our big breakfast of bacon, eggs, tomato, mushrooms and avocado was not enough to keep AH full for very long!! Three hours later he had a plate full of chilli lime chicken nibbles with a big salad of romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado and cucumber with a tangy dressing. Finally, for dinner tonight, we had lamb's fry and bacon with mushroom and onion.

Today I studied the 'Central Nervous System' - the cerebral cortex, basal nuclei, thalamus, hypothalamus, cerebellum and the brain stem. The brain and the spinal cord are intriguing and I'm looking forward to this section of my studies.

We are experiencing beautiful cool weather at the moment. Excellent sleeping weather. It's 10pm and 17C. Tomorrow will only reach 22C. This is my ideal weather and puts a very happy smile on my dial.

I think I shall crawl into bed right now. A good night's sleep will prepare me for a solid day of study.

Nite all.

No comments: