Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Birthday Celebrations

This is just a short post to say that we had a really lovely time tonight celebrating Mardi's birthday.

About 32 of us gathered together at the Bowls Club restaurant where I enjoyed some gluten free salt and pepper calamari with salad for dinner.

I also drank one whole bottle of wine + one glass of wine and I was the least drunk person at the end of the night .. actually, Adoring Husband may have been less drunk than me.

There were some mildly inebriated people at the end of the night .. ok there were some VERY inebriated people at the end of the night .. and I won't name names!! What happens at the Bowls Club stays at the Bowls Club!

I took lots of photos which I will share tomorrow, when I have time to sort through and edit them.

Anyway, a good time was had by all. Some dancing, some drinking, some eating, some laughing, some staggering and some hugging.

There may, or may not be some sore heads tomorrow.

It's past midnight, so I'm off to bed. Watch this space for photos tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: