Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Barbylicious

The Nellie news is pretty good. She's still frail and ill, but improved and well enough for Adoring Husband to return home. We know that it's just a matter of time, but right now, she has once again proven how tough she is.

Today was Tuesday morning tea with the ladies and we had a nice big group this morning. Everyone was bright and happy and talkative - we kind of matched the sunshiny weather with our bright and breezy chatter.

I spent the remainder of the morning and afternoon making a berry cheesecake for Mardi's birthday dessert, which we all shared tonight at our monthly barbecue.


... and she was lucky enough to have an extra friend visiting who was able to share today with her (yesterday was Mardi's birthday) ... I shall name her 'Kaz's Caz' ...


Kaz's Caz is a special kind of person who sees the greatness in everybody else, but doesn't recognise the greatness in herself. Just my opinion ... but Kaz's Caz is GREAT. *waves at Kaz's Caz*

Anyway, for the barbecue, I also made smoked salmon cheese wheels (I just made that name up because I made the recipe up) for pre-dinner nibbles and I made lime, honey and chilli chicken wings to take with me for dinner.

Everybody else prepared amazing and delicious salads which we all shared before lighting the sparklers that we placed in the pretend silver gift box that Lady Lynn made, (so that the sparks didn't drop stuff on the cheesecake) and we sang 'Happy Birthday' to Mardi.

We always enjoy our monthly barbecues at the park and the sunset was another stunner, even without cloud. Good friends coming together and feeling the love.


Once again, it's after midnight and I have an early start tomorrow, so ...

Nite all.

No comments: