Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday browsing

This is your Sunday education class. If you're interested, click on the links, if not, read on!

The vaccination issue is a volatile one. I've noticed, online, that the pro vaxers are the most aggressive and do a LOT of bullying.

I know a LOT of people who don't believe in vaccinations, myself included, who avoid making comment and avoid posting information on social network sites, because we've been bullied out of it.

Here is a list of once well respected Doctors, who spoke out regarding the dangers of vaccines and not surprisingly, thanks to mainstream media, became 'quacks' overnight ...

Dr Suzanne Humphries

Dr Jayne Donegan

Dr Andrew Wakefield (completely exonerated of the fraud charges recently plastered all over mainstream media - but mainstream media failed to tell us about the exoneration!)

Dr Gerhard Buchwald

Dr Robert S Mendelsohn

Dr Richard Moskowitz

Dr Sherri Tenpenny

Dr Meryl Nass

160+ Drs and Scientists with concerns about vaccines

Catalogue of Science (200 research studies and case reports published in mainstream peer-reviewed medical literature documenting and exploring safety issues relating to vaccines)

Comments by Drs about their fear of repercussions if they speak up about the dangers of vaccinations

I think that will do it for today.

I'm enjoying a lazy Sunday, in readiness for my enrolment into the next semester of my studies this week.

At this point of the weekend, my footy tipping is only at 50% success rate. There are only two games left for the round, so by the end of the day, I'll either be a little further up the tipping ladder (because everybody has tipped poorly this round) or I may be in exactly the same spot that I started!

A couple of bad dad jokes to end this post.

Q: Why can't you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom? A: Because the 'p' is silent.

Q: What time is it when you have to go to the dentist? A: About tooth-hurtie.

Q: Why didn't the lifeguard save the hippie? A: Because he was too far out man!

Nite all.
 


No comments: