Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pre-birthday birthday

So I really wanted to see the movie "Insurgent" and when I checked the cinema times, today was the final viewing, so Adoring Husband and I decided to celebrate my birthday one day early.

We did some shopping first and AH bought me a beautiful onyx and silver pendant to wear on my long silver chain.

Lunch was next, at Wild Lotus, and we both ordered the Tiger Prawn and Calamari Pesto Salad. It was DELICIOUS! The pesto was macadamia and basil. We each had a beverage with our meal and then to really make it a birthday, we ordered dessert! AH selected the creme brulee and I ordered the panna cotta. Both were gluten free and mine was also dairy free, but certainly NOT sugar free!

As delicious as dessert was, my body didn't like it at all and I felt uncomfortable and bloated for a good while afterwards. A hit of sugar is not worth the discomfort for me.

After lunch, we headed to the cinema where we thought, for a little while, we were having a private viewing, but at the last minute an elderly gentleman walked in and sat behind us, so there was only three of us in the cinema .. just the way I like it.

We thoroughly enjoyed the movie and the two hours went incredibly fast. Can't wait to see the third movie in the series, "Allegiant: Part 1", but we have to wait until at least March 2016 for it's release.

There was still an hour of shopping time available, so I used it wisely, buying make up, jewellery, clothes and alcohol!

Before we left home this morning, I loaded up the slow cooker with lamb shanks, tomatoes, capsicum, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock, so all I had to do was steam some greens ... beans, kale and broccolini to make a meal. Too easy.

So it's been a pretty damned fine birthday, even though it's not really my birthday, and I'm going to bed as a very happy 55 year old girl.

Thank you Adoring Husband xox

Nite all.

  

No comments: