Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Heart felt apology

My sincerest apologies for not posting last night.

My head was swimming with 'Grey's Anatomy'.

You see, I love this show and I know what's going to happen (I won't give any spoilers here) and it hasn't aired for a couple of weeks, so when I saw that there was a double episode airing last night, I spent my time counting the minutes!!

Neither of these episodes was the one I was expecting. It seems that will air next week (hopefully I won't have to wait another two weeks for the next episode!).

So that's my excuse for missing last night's blog post.

Today was our end of the month lady's luncheon.

We lunched at Wild Lotus (I've told you about that restaurant before) ...


Twenty five of us almost filled the restaurant and we certainly made plenty of noise! I pitied the other patrons.

The best part of the day (besides spending time with friends) was the SHOPPING! There is a fabulous shop called 'Shoe Frenzy' next door and a lady's clothing store called 'Fire n Ice' in the other direction.

Three pairs of shoes, a top, a bracelet and a silver ring later! I came home a very happy chappy. I have to show photos because I know that BGWLBH loves shoes as much as I do!


They are all very high, but very comfortable. I wore the first pair to lunch today (I wore them out of the shop), and the last pair are sooooo light and sooooo comfortable. The silver pair in the middle were only $10!! They were all on sale. The first pair were down from $110 (I think) to $60 and the last pair were down from $79 to $40. So they all had an original price, a sale price and then a further sale price. I love those types of sales.

Retail therapy - my favourite kind of therapy :)

It was a good day.

Nite all.




No comments: